Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Artist Statement


Originally putting meaning behind my artwork was really hard. I didn’t know why I liked pretty things. I talked to my mom about how I could put meaning behind my work because I was getting irritated. She told me that I was allot like my Great Grandma Glass or as they called her G.G. for short. G.G. really loved over the top, glamorous things. My mom told me that even when I was little I liked the same sort of things. She told me a story of how our family went out to eat when I was about four or five. The waitress we had was really done up, she had on lots of makeup and her hair was all done and my mom said it was borderline over the top. When the waitress left from taking our order I said “wow… she’s beautiful.” So I came up with the idea of taking ordinary things and making extraordinary or “beautiful.”
I want people to look at my work and be like “wow,” or “that’s beautiful.” I want them to be impressed and in awe almost. I want people to think its classy, sophisticated, sexy and romanticized, and for to think its almost unreal its so perfect.
Art is important in my life because I like everything around me to be pretty and glamorous I a do that through art. I also do it because I like it when people marvel over what I’ve done It makes me feel good and I crave that attention and so that’s a major reason I do art. It’s a way I make myself feel good and purposeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment